Most garage doors have that monotonous, industrial look and feel to them. They're just plain and simple. They are something that can get really old looking at every single day, especially if you use your garage as your home's primary entrance. However, it doesn't have to be this way. You can upgrade the look and feel of your garage door with one simple feature: windows. Read on to learn more.
Benefits of Installing Glass Windows in Your Garage Door
There are two primary advantages to installing windows in your garage door. The first is natural lighting and the second is curb appeal.
- Lighting – With windows added into your garage door, your garage will be filled with a significant amount of natural light. This makes it perfect if you use your garage for an art studio or office. Sometimes artificial light can hinder your productivity and quality of work, but having the garage door open during the day just doesn't make sense. Having windows installed into the garage door may be the perfect compromise.
- Curb Appeal – Glass windows serve as a striking detail to enhance the overall curb appeal of your home. This is particularly helpful for you if you plan on selling your home in the near future, as it will likely increase the possibility of your home selling. However, even if you aren't planning on moving, the enhanced attractiveness of your home will make you feel like you're coming home to a completely different house.
3 Things to Keep in Mind When Considering Garage Doors with Windows
- Carriage Style Doors with Top Windows – Carriage style doors are a very popular option when you are upgrading your garage doors. They add an instant charm to the appearance of your entire home. You can go a step further and make these doors even more sophisticated and eye-appealing by adding windows along the top.
- Use Opaque Glass Windows – If you're worried about privacy, which could be a concern with windows added to your garage door, you can easily combat this by installing opaque glass. You'll get instant curb appeal while also maintaining your privacy.
- Consider Using the Same Design as Your Front Door – When you are contemplating what type of design you want, you may want to consider looking no further than your front door. By using the same color and design template as your front door, you will allow for a dramatic, yet harmonizing appearance. It's perfect if you want to avoid drawing too much attention to the garage door.
Contact a garage door service in your local area to find out more about having windows installed into your existing garage door or to purchase a brand new one.